Hadfield Dental Group employ oral hygienists/therapists for your 6 monthly check up and cleaning appointments.
Oral hygienists/therapists are specially trained in maintaining healthy teeth and gums, by spending time with you, not only gently and thoroughly cleaning your teeth and gums, but also educating patients on the importance of home maintenance with regard to correct brushing and flossing techniques, which will be demonstrated to you.
Oral hygienists/therapists are also specially trained in working with children; therefore any anxieties can be dissolved by their gentle approach in treating children.
Handy Hints and Tips
- Always use a SOFT toothbrush
- Use a toothpaste containing Fluoride
- Brush twice a day (in the morning after breakfast and after dinner at night)
- Don’t apply pressure, let your toothbrush do the work
Correct Brushing Technique
- Place the toothbrush at 45 degree angle, so that you’re brushing the gum and the tooth.
- Use gentle small circular motions
- Brush the outside surfaces and inside surfaces of the upper and lower teeth
- Then brush the chewing surfaces, using a firm back and forth motion
- Lastly, brush softly over the tongue to remove any bacteria
- Now you need to floss the areas your toothbrush can’t reach
- Take a, roughly, 50 cm piece of floss and wind the ends around the middle or index fingers
- Grip the floss firmly with the index finger and thumb
- Guide the floss between the teeth using a gentle sawing motion, careful not to snap the floss onto the gum
- Gently scrape each tooth using an up and down motion
- Do this between each tooth and you’re done.